Robert Kline Art would like to provide you with more information about the web technologies we utilize to operate our online store. These technologies are designed to offer the best browsing and purchasing experience for as many people as possible, while also delivering advertising, site-experience, and other benefits. You can find a detailed explanation in this policy document.
Types of Cookie Technologies
Cookies: Cookies are small data files that are sent from a server to your web browser. They are stored in your browser’s cache and enable a website or a third party to recognize your browser. There are three main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: These cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you navigate different pages. They eliminate the need to re-enter information each time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies automatically expire and delete themselves after a short period, such as when you leave the Site or close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies remember specific information about your preferences for viewing the site. They allow Robert Kline Art to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and they typically delete themselves upon expiration.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are placed by a party other than Robert Kline Art and may track your browsing activity across multiple websites and sessions. They are usually persistent cookies and remain stored until you delete them or they expire based on the set time period of each third-party cookie. Third-party cookies enable servers to show you items that you’ve shown interest in, either directly or indirectly.
Cookies store data about your usage, and they are beneficial as they help Robert Kline Art function and customize your experience.
In addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by Robert Kline Art and across the web or mobile ecosystems:
- Web pixels: These tiny graphics, also known as “clear GIFs” or “web beacons,” contain a unique identifier and are used to track browsing activity. Unlike cookies, web beacons are invisible and are rendered on web pages when you open them, rather than being stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with their services while browsing web pages or using mobile app screens. Social widgets may collect browsing data, which is received by the respective third parties.
- UTM codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) when you navigate from one web page or website to another. The UTM code can provide information about your browsing activities, such as the source of an advertisement, page, or publisher that led you to the receiving website.
Robert Kline Art utilizes Cookie Technologies to achieve various objectives, including:
- Security and Authentication (Strictly Necessary): Certain cookie functions are essential to ensure the proper functioning of Robert Kline Art. They maintain the security, safety, and integrity of the Site, facilitate authentication and logging into Robert Kline Art (including remembering permissions and consents you have granted), and enable secure transaction completion.
- Account and User Preferences (Strictly Necessary): Some technologies remember your account and preferences over time. They include features such as remembering your account or keeping you logged in when you return to Robert Kline Art, maintaining your choices regarding Robert Kline Art features and appearance, and customizing content based on your usage patterns.
- Performance and Analytics (Functional Cookies): Some technologies provide performance data to improve Robert Kline Art and its Services. This includes data on site and app functionality and speed to optimize the user experience, as well as bug detection and reporting to enhance the functioning of Robert Kline Art. Google Analytics is also used to understand how the community utilizes Robert Kline Art. Data from Google Analytics, combined with Robert Kline Art’ first-party data and third-party cookies, may be utilized for advertising features like retargeting. You can opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features by referring to the Opt-Out section at the end of this policy.
- Marketing Services: Robert Kline Art partners with third-party service providers that employ various Cookie Technologies to track the ads you see and click on while visiting Robert Kline Art, the Apps, and affiliated sites. These technologies include frequency capping (limiting the number of times an ad is displayed), attribution tracking (determining the source of a visit or purchase), remarketing (displaying relevant ads based on past shopping and browsing patterns), audience targeting (advertising to a large audience based on demographics), and cross-device recognition (identifying actions across multiple devices or browsers). Third-party service providers may also provide non-personally identifying information, such as demographics, cross-device data, or interest categories, to enhance the relevance and usefulness of ads. Please note that these providers have their own privacy policies and practices, and Robert Kline Art does not control them.
Your consent, contract, and legitimate interests in processing govern the use of Cookie Technologies at Robert Kline Art. By using our Services after being notified of our use of Cookie Technologies, and in applicable jurisdictions, through your explicit acknowledgment and consent, you agree to their use.
You can change your cookie preferences at any time by visiting the Cookie Preferences link at the bottom of the page.
Opting Out in Browsers: When using Robert Kline Art through a browser, you can modify your web browser settings to reflect your cookie preferences. Each browser has different settings, usually found in the “options” or “preferences” menu. The provided links offer information on cookie settings for browsers supported by Robert Kline Art.
Opting Out of Third-Party Networks: If you do not wish to receive interest-based advertisements, you can decline them by clicking here if you are located in the European Union. Please note that opting out of interest-based ads does not prevent you from receiving generic advertisements. You can also choose not to share information for cross-context behavioral marketing or for targeted advertising by clicking the Cookie Preferences link at the bottom of the page. Various third-party organizations, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), offer opt-out mechanisms for behavior-based online advertising. To learn more about your options or to opt-out of interest-based advertising, you can visit their respective websites.
Google Analytics Opt-out: For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or other available means. Google also provides a web plug-in for opting out of Google Analytics.
Criteo Opt-out: To opt out of Criteo’s personalized ads based on your previous interactions with products, you can use the opt-out link provided.the effectiveness of specific third-party products, but popular options that provide privacy enhancements include Ghostery and AdBlock Plus.