A photograph entitled Standing in the Shadow of the Saint Augustine Lighthouse. The Saint Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum features shipwreck artifacts, a wooden boat building exhibit and a 165-foot-tall lighthouse. It is thought to have been erected out of a series of wooden watchtowers of Spanish descent in the early 1500’s. The lighthouse is the oldest, permanent aid to navigation in North America and Florida’s first lighthouse. The lighthouse, which was built between 1871 and 1874, is the oldest surviving brick structure in St. Augustine, Florida.
The address is: 81 Lighthouse Avenue (use 100 Red Cox Road for gps, St. Augustine, FL 32080
Hours: Open 9AM – 6PM daily